Saturday, May 7, 2016

Pattern Suggestions: Camelot

Pattern Suggestions from Round Table Yarns for Camelot a fingering weight yarn blend of merino, cashmere and nylon

One of my most popular yarn bases is Camelot, which is a blend of merino, cashmere, and nylon (fingering weight). I love this yarn; it is super soft--yet strengthened by the nylon--and really takes color well. So for those of you who have some Camelot or for other skeins of MCN in your stash, here are some suggested pattern ideas for 1-2 skeins.

Oakenshield by Elizabeth Helmich - A hat pattern inspired by Tolkien, available as a beanie or a beret; the details on this hat would look great with a tonal/semi-solid yarn color.

Jana by Veronika Jobe - This shawl pattern is knit sideways, so by weighing your yarn, you can make it as big as your skein will allow--which also means you'll get to make the most of your skein of MCN, using up every delicious bit of it. You can also add beads, which I think makes the shawl a little extra special.

Weathertop Socks by Claire Ellen - Because of the nylon content in this yarn, it is quite suitable for making socks. And these socks are very eye-catching and look like they would be a lot of fun to make. But do look at the pictures on the pattern page--make sure to chose a semi-solid yarn color because all the work of the design gets lost in a variegated yarn.

Lórinand by Amora Designs - Another Tolkien-inspired pattern, these fingerless mitts look really nice. And (as I discovered last year), fingerless mitts make a really great gift (I did five pairs for Christmas presents last year!), especially for teacher gifts.

Midnight Craving by Jennifer Weissman - This crescent-shaped shawl will take two skeins, but I'm really loving the cable and slightly ruffled border. I think this one needs to be added to my queue.

Lady Bertilak Cowl by Karen Robinson (me) - Although I have my Perceval base listed as the recommended base for this cowl pattern (and it works up quite nicely with Perceval), knitting it in Camelot, with that tiny bit of cashmere, would make this an extra soft cowl to drape around your neck.

Which of these patterns is your favorite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The content in this post was first featured in my newsletter (October 5, 2015). If you'd like to keep up to date on my designs and yarn and receive content like this right in your email inbox, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment