Friday, April 18, 2014

Among the Bluebonnets

Being back in Texas means that at the start of spring, the beautiful Texas bluebonnets can be seen all over the place--but usually on the sides of highways. It seems almost cliche to take pictures in a patch of bluebonnets but the cliche is also quite beautiful. But it's hard to consider taking pictures of a two-year-old boy on the side of a busy road!

So I've been trying to find some bluebonnets in a better location so I could get pictures of Luke. Last week when I was driving to my mom's house I noticed some bluebonnets in a field close to her house that I thought I would go back and check out later.

Along comes one of the gals from my knitting group with an idea--let's take a picture of our group to send to The Loopy Ewe to put up on their wall of knitters. Where should we take a picture? Well, how about among bluebonnets? And one of the suggested locations was just that field I had noticed a few days prior (and that is where we ended up).

We had a fun photo session and got some nice shots. We were missing several regulars but I'm glad that we were able to get these pictures:







Yesterday I went back to that field with Luke and got some pictures of him. The skies were cloudy and overcast which actually made for pretty decent lighting. And I had fun using my new camera. So now I have some lovely shots of my two-year-old son among bluebonnets without having to worry about him running off into traffic!








No comments:

Post a Comment