Friday, July 18, 2014

Darn Pretty Needles

So I'm a complete convert to DyakCraft's Darn Pretty needles (as well as the Heavy Metals in the smaller sizes). I've placed several orders and have also gotten some through destashes. My goal is to have at least one in every color currently offered. Here's my list so far:

5" interchangeables in Vermont Apple - these were the ones I first received, though a destash. They are quite lovely although at first I thought that I would destash them myself when my other sets arrived. But the more I used them, the more I fell in love, so they're staying with me.


5" interchangeables in Vermont Rosewood - part of my original order. Gods, these are a gorgeous deep dark wood color.

Rosewood


3.5" interchangeables in Emerald - I knew that I wanted a color and some of the pictures of Emerald were a deep but bright green that was just stunning. I was so happy to get mine and fine that same saturated shade. Love.

One pair of 3.5" tips in Positively Pink - I wasn't sure that I wanted a whole set in pink so I thought I'd try one. Yeah, I'd totally do a whole set in pink. Yum!

Positively Pink and Emerald

Set of DPNs in sock sizes in Winter Sky, striped - I wasn't sure whether to order stripes or swirls for the DPNs. I think part of the "danger" with stripes is that depending on how they are cut, they might not show all the possible colors in that colorway. Such is the case with my Winter Sky needles. I'm completely missing the pinkish color of Winter Sky. Not to say that the needles are not pretty, but they don't say "Winter Sky" to me, so I may at some point consider ordering a different set or trying to trade for another set in swirls.

Set of DPNs in larger sizes in Turquoise - beautiful. I do wonder if I had swapped my color choices (turquoise for small sizes and Winter Sky for larger) if I would have seem more color variation for the Winter Sky with the larger circumference.

I wanted the two sets to match, but they almost look exactly the same. You can see some bits of charcoal in the Winter Sky but no pink and from far away like this, they look just like the Turquoise ones.
Just Turquoise
The Winter Sky
One pair of 3.5" tips in Madras - Just got these today. This was not really one of the colors that I felt immediately drawn to, but now that I've seen one in person, I'm so glad that I got it. As you turn the needle, you see different colors shift into prominence or fade into the background.

One pair of 3.5" tips in Malachite - Also received today. In my head, Malachite was one of the solid tones but just looking at the website I see they are listed under the multi tones. And I can now see why. They have very clear (those nicely blended) swirls of blue and green.

One pair of 5" tips in Bubblegum - I almost didn't get these since I have some Bubblegum coming in another order, but I decided to go ahead. Very happy that I did since the order I have is for straights which I probably won't use very often. And Bubblegum is a color that deserves to be used more often, which it will be since it's in a size 8 which is one of my most used sizes.

The three pairs that I got today. From top to bottom: Madras, Bubblegum, Malachite
 
My interchangeable tips collection so far (minus the ones currently in use)
On order are a set of mini straights in Bubblegum and a interchangeable set in the Heaven on Earth mix, which will include Heaven on Earth, Charcoal, Indigo, and Chestnut. Seeing pictures of that mix set has just made me so excited about it, but I just placed the order so it will be at least six months before I see them. I'll just have to wait, but I'm so very much looking forward to it.

P.S. I haven't blogged about it yet, but expect to be hearing a lot about Indie Books Gone Wild in the future as I have joined the editorial team! We devote our editing services specifically to indie authors. It's an amazing group of ladies that I am so proud to be part of! Here's the post where I am introduced!

P.P.S. I got a Ravelry message from a blogger who does a featured indie knitting designer post each week. She wants to feature me in an upcoming post! So exciting! That was definitely a "feeling like a designer" moment. So in another month or so, I'll post here when my profile gets posted over there.

Good things are happening in both of my business worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment