Monday, May 4, 2015

Fiber Week in Review: April 27 - May 3

This week has been all about designing and dyeing, so no other knitting (or spinning) projects to talk about.

Designing: I'm knitting my fingers off on the five-shawl collection. This week I finished shawl #2 and started and finished shawl #3. Whew! I'm well underway on shawl #4. If I keep up this speed (which I don't think I can maintain for too much longer), I'll finish well in advance of the mid-June deadline. But with just one and a half shawls to go, I'm feeling like this project is actually doable. At first it seemed almost insane, so it's good to feel a little less pressure. Of course, I've been saving the hardest shawl for last, so we'll see how long that one takes when I get to it.

Sneak peek of the three finished shawls

Dyeing: I've also been dyeing up a storm. I wanted to experiment with some new colors and focused on spring colors. I got a good chunk done on the weekend; there are some new colorways coming to the shop as soon as I can get them dry (almost there), reskeined, photographed, and labeled. I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with mixing different colors together to get something new.

Names from left to right: Dindrane, Lunete, Sir Gromer Somer Joure, Orkney, Pelleas, and Dinas Emrys

So there's not a whole lot to say about this week, but I have been doing quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment