Saturday, December 5, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Astolat Shawl Pictures

Behind the Scenes of Knitting Pattern Design with KarenDawn Designs: Astolat Shawl Pictures

When taking the pictures for the Astolat Shawl, I first tried to get my husband to be the photographer. I'm not sure why as he, well, isn't the greatest at taking pictures. I wanted to get some movement going and tried frolicking around my backyard with the shawl. This picture was the best one from the photo shoot, and it really doesn't show the shawl very well nor any movement at all.

Behind the Scenes of Knitting Pattern Design with KarenDawn Designs: Astolat Shawl Pictures

So I tried again with my sister (who is my usual model when I take the pictures) a few days later. Note that we're wearing the same dress. And although this picture isn't perfectly crisp, with my sister's longer hair, I felt like I had gotten the movement that I wanted the image to convey a bit better than the pictures with me as the model.

Behind the Scenes of Knitting Pattern Design with KarenDawn Designs: Astolat Shawl Pictures

Ultimately, I had the photos for some of my earlier patterns redone with a professional photographer, which is what I'm using in the pattern and on Ravelry now. But I definitely learned a lot through taking the photos myself for these patterns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of the content in this post was first featured in my newsletter (April 20, 2015). If you'd like to keep up to date on my designs and yarn and receive content like this right in your email inbox, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment