Saturday, January 2, 2016

Guenevere Pattern Suggestions

Pattern Suggestions from Round Table Yarns for Guenevere a fingering weight 2-ply superwash merino wool yarn

In a previous blog post, I talked about picking yarn for lace shawls and how using a 2-ply yarn really makes lace pop. Guenevere is the 2-ply fingering weight yarn available for Round Table Yarns, and there are several skeins (including several colors with two skeins available) currently available in the shop. Although I picked Guenevere specifically to go with my Astolat Shawl pattern, there are a number of other options out there from other designers that would work well for Guenevere. I've made a quick list based upon some of the projects that I might knit myself using Guenevere.

Haruni - I still haven't made one of these myself (I do plan to some day!), but this very popular shawl would look great with Guenevere (2 skeins)

Ashton Shawlette - I was struck by the delicate look of the shawl in the pictures for this pattern. It looks like you could just make it with one skein of Guenevere.

Henslowe - I've become a big fan of knitted on borders, so this shawl caught my eye with its gorgeous border. (This one also might squeak by with just one skein of Guenevere.)

Dark Valentine - This pattern can result in a scarf or wrap and would use one or two skeins of Guenevere, respectively.

Dayflower Cowl - I really like the stitch pattern used on this cowl and think Guenevere (1 skein) would highlight the delicate nature of it.

Wasabi Hat - You have to go look at this hat! The image of the top of this beret is quite striking. I think I'll add it to my queue.

NOTE: You should always do a gauge swatch--not just to check to see if your gauge matches but also to make sure that you like the resulting fabric that you get. If you find that although you have matched the gauge but you don't like how the fabric looks, that might not be the right pattern/yarn combination for you, so give another pattern a try.

I'm looking forward to seeing what patterns you match up with Guenevere. And I'm always happy to help if you have any questions about matching up a pattern to any of the selections from Round Table Yarns. Just drop me an email or a Ravelry message!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The content in this post was first featured in my newsletter (May 5, 2015). If you'd like to keep up to date on my designs and yarn and receive content like this right in your email inbox, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment