Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Indie Design GAL: Spotlight on C.C. Almon

C.C. Almon and I have several things in common. She was born in the town where I now live (although she lives across the ocean now). And we're both fans of Doctor Who and other geeky fandoms. So I love the inspiration behind so many of her patterns.

She has a whole series of Doctor Who inspired socks. From the Come Along Pond Socks to the Socks for Ten, I don't know which ones I'd want to start with!

© C.C. Almon / JavaPurl Designs
If you're not a Doctor Who fan, don't despair. C.C. has a couple of other fandoms covered, from Firefly/Serenity (Also I Can Kill You With My Brain Socks) to Outlander (Lady of Lallybroch Socks).

Not into any fandoms? No worries. C.C. has a collection of coffee-inspired socks for you. I think my favorites are the I Love You More Than Pumpkin Spice Socks.

Not into socks? Try Round, Round, Get Around Shawl or Striations.


Definitely a designer to check out and keep an eye on. By the way, she has a really fun podcast that she does with her daughter, called Geeky Girls Knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment