Thursday, November 19, 2015

Indie Design GAL: Spotlight on Clare Devine

I've scheduled this post so that it goes live right at the moment when the GAL starts. (Not sure what I'm talking about? Refer to this post for more information.) I'm hoping that at that moment, or very shortly thereafter, I'll be casting on my first project for the GAL, a gorgeous hat designed by Clare Devine.

Clare is a knitwear designer with a number of lovely patterns in her portfolio. Earlier this year, she launched The Tea Collection, an eBook with 13 patterns inspired by teas from around the world. Mostly hats, the collection contains beautiful photographs (I mean, really beautiful photographs!) and some nicely designed hats.

Although I like quite a few of the patterns in this collection, the one that really stands out to me is Peppermint Leaves, most likely because of the exquisite top of the hat.

Photo copyright Clare Devine. Used with permission.

Isn't that just fantastic? I'm going to be using Dream in Color Everlasting DK in the Grow colorway, which has been in my stash for almost three years. It's all wound up and ready to go as soon as the event begins. (Well, I have to buy the pattern first as it's part of the GAL sale which doesn't start until the event begins.)

You should take a look at some of Clare's other patterns. Besides hats, she's got socks and cowls and shawls, so lots of great gift ideas within her patterns.



No comments:

Post a Comment