Saturday, November 21, 2015

Indie Design GAL: Spotlight on Tanja Osswald (crochet)

Although Tanja Osswald does have some patterns for knitting, she mostly works with crochet. But I have to admit that her fingerless mitt patterns really make me wish I knew how to crochet (I took a beginning crochet class once and tried it for a while but just never felt comfortable with it).

I mean, seriously, how awesome does Wanderwellen look?

Copyright Tanja Osswald

Or Comet?

Copyright Tanja Osswald
And I know that owl cables are used in knitting quite a bit, but look at these super cool crochet owl mitts: Consider Owls!

Copyright Tanja Osswald
But for those of you, like me, who don't crochet, Tanja does have one knitting pattern for some awesome mitts: Mohnteilchen (which is a knitted version of the crochet version of Himbeerwellen). It looks like there are some new things to learn to do this pattern, and I do see some project pages where knitters used two colors (which is what I really love about Tanja's designs), so perhaps at some point I'll attempt to make these myself.

Copyright Tanja Osswald
I've focused on the mitts in this post because that's what really drew my attention, but Tanja does quite a few other types of accessories such as hats and shawls, so even if fingerless mitts aren't your thing, if you crochet, you should definitely check out the rest of her patterns. And if you don't crochet, maybe Tanja's patterns will inspire you to learn!




No comments:

Post a Comment